Although attics aren’t used all that often, it’s still a good idea to clean them periodically. They can collect dust, dirt, and debris over time, and neglecting to clean them can lead to a build-up of harmful substances that can impact the health of the inhabitants. Dirty attics also harbor pests, such as rodents and insects, which can cause damage to the structure of the home.
By regularly tidying up your attic, you can maintain a healthy living environment, extend the lifespan of your roof and insulation, and ensure that your home in Phoenix, AZ, is well-maintained. Needless to say, the best and easiest way to do this is to outsource this task to reputable eco-friendly cleaning services.
That being said, if you’d prefer to tackle this task on your own, or you simply want to learn how it’s done, we have prepared a short guide on how to spruce up an attic like a pro. Keep reading to learn more.
How do I keep attic dust free?
Cleaning your attic is an important task that should be done regularly to maintain a fresh and healthy living environment and to protect your home. It can involve removing debris and sweeping or vacuuming the floor, removing cobwebs and dust, and organizing stored items. If you are going to store items in your attic, make sure that they are properly sealed and stored to prevent pests from accessing them.
Here are steps to clean an attic:
- Prepare the space: Remove any stored items and clear the attic of any debris. Cover the floor with a plastic drop cloth to make cleaning easier and to protect the flooring.
- Dust and sweep: Use a broom or vacuum to remove cobwebs, dust, and debris from the floor and surfaces. Make sure to dust any exposed pipes, light fixtures, and ducts.
- Clean surfaces: Clean any surfaces in the attic, such as windows, rafters, and beams, using a damp cloth and mild detergent. Avoid using harsh chemicals that can harm the environment and your health, and always opt for green alternatives.
- Organize stored items: If you have items stored in the attic, organize them into manageable piles and make sure they are properly sealed to prevent dust from accumulating on them.
- Inspect the roof and insulation: Inspect the roof and insulation for any signs of damage, such as leaks, cracks, or missing shingles. If you find any issues, have them repaired promptly to prevent further damage.
- Ventilate the space: After cleaning, open windows or turn on a fan to help ventilate the attic and remove any residual dust and cleaning solutions.
How often should attic be cleaned?
The frequency depends on several factors, such as the amount of debris and dust that accumulates, the presence of pests, and the use of the space. However, as a general guideline, it is recommended to spruce up an attic at least once a year or more often if necessary.
If the attic is used for storage, it may require more frequent cleaning due to the accumulation of dust and debris on stored items. If the attic is used as living space, it should be freshened up regularly to maintain a clean and healthy environment.
Where in Phoenix, AZ, can I book reliable eco-friendly cleaning services?
Whether you’re looking to have your child’s room professionally tidied up, your bedroom kept in excellent order at all times, or your garage freshened up and decluttered, Eco Mama Green House Cleaning is your go-to company!
We pride ourselves on our ability to provide the good people of Phoenix with top-of-the-line environmentally-friendly cleanings that will improve their quality of life and give them their free time back. Contact us today and enjoy a fun trip to the Arizona Science Center while we handle the chores.